There were actually two family houses with this name. Raudnitz & Cie was the first to open at 13, rue de la Grange-Bataliere. In 1883 the brother Ernest left his sisters to open his own house at 23, rue Louis-le-Grand. Marie Gerber( Callot) designed for him from 1886 - 1888. The two houses coexisted but showed separately . The designs of both houses were known for embroidery and pailletes and Ernest for his teagowns. Ernest won the Grand Prize at the Exposition Universelle in 1900, when the house was located at 8 rue Royale. Raudnitz & Cie. merged in 1901 with Huet & Cheruit.