Opened by four sisters(Marie Gerber, Marthe Bertrand, Regina Tennyson-Chantrell, and Josephine Crimont). Marie was primary designer and Vionnet was for a time her toile maker. Marie designed for the house of Raidnitz & Cie. The sisters eventually had outlets in Nice, Biarritz, Le Touquet, London, Saint-Moritz, and Buenos Aires. Marthe specialized in lingerie design and Josephine died in 1897. Mme. Gerber was sole director of the house after 1920. After several changes of ownership and location, the house ceased operation in 1954.