Paris fashion house founded at 222 rue de Rivoli in 1912. Vionnet had previously worked for Kate Reily in London(1896-1901), Callot Souers(1901-1905), and Doucet(1906-1911). Her success came prmarily after the end of WWI., when she moved to 50-52 avenue Montaigne.Renowned for her use and development of the bias cut. She advocated copyright protection for designers and health benefits for her workers. House closed 1939. The name was purchased in 2006 in an attempt to revive the House of Vionnet. Sophia Kokosalaki was named as designer, but replaced in 2007 by Marc Audibet, who in turn resigned in 2008. In that year, the house was purchased bu Matteo Marzotto, former CEO of Valentino, and as of July, 2010, the nominal designer is Rodolfo Paglialunga. This designer formerly worked for Romeo Gigli and Prada, and the production has moved to Italy.