The embroidery house of Michonnet was established in 1858 and worked with the first great couturiers of the day: Worth, Paquin, and Redfern. The firm was bought by Albert Lesage in 1922. Between 1925 and 1940, the house worked closely with Mme. Vionnet, and later with Elsa Schiaparelli. In 1992, the house established a school of embroidery on its premises. It continues today under Albert's son, Francois and was purchased in 2002 by the House of Chanel.