First came to note as milliner to Second Empire beauties such as the Princess Metternich, La Castiglione and the Empress Eugenie. From 1870, the house was at 23, rue de la Paix, Paris, and by 1900 she employed 100 people. her hats regularly complimented new creations at the House of Doucet and others. She is generally credited with the creation of the 20s cloche and also created other clothing accessories. Mme. Reboux retired in the 20's, leaving her house under the direction of Lucienne Rebate, a longtime associate of Chanel's. Under Rebate, the house was noted for the designs created for many film and theater productions. Mme. Reboux died in 1927. The house continued successfully under the designer Lucien Rabatet and closed in 1956.