Search the Collections
Commissioned for the residence of Mr. Converse, Beacon Hill, Boston, 1896
Edward Thomas McShane, Manchester, New Hampshire
John and Mary A. Kottis, Uxbridge, Massachusetts, 1962
Purchased by the Daughters of Penelope from Mrs. Mary A. Kottis for $50,000 on January 24, 1991.
Gift of the Daughters of Penelope, an International Hellenic Women’s Organization, to the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Daughters’ founding by Alexandra Apostolides in San Francisco on November 16, 1929. This donation in honor of Hellenism was made possible by the vision of Mrs. Julia G. Constantine, National President, the generosity of Mrs. Mary G. Kottis, and the chairmanship of Mrs. Mary Chicos.
seated in armchair, right hand on arm, legs crossed at ankles