The House of Drecoll was founded in Vienna by an Austrian baron, Chistophe von Drecoll.1851-1933).He sold the name to his designer, Mme. Besancon, who opened the Paris house in 1905 with her husband as director. In 1914, Drecoll merged with the House of Beer He absorbed the house of miliner Mme. Agnes, becoming Agnes-Drecoll in 1932. The daughter of Drecoll's house director and designer was Maggy Rouff. There is confusion regarding this history. The original Maison Rouff also began in Vienna, established itself in Paris in the 1890s and other sources state that it was purchased by Marguerite Besancon de Wagner in 1928. Drecoll went into bankruptcy at about the same time, which might explain the confusion.At that point Marguerite changed her name and the label to Maggy Rouff. See separate entry for Maggy Rouff.